I say we focus on really enjoying the next two months and getting ourselves ready for weather what’s coming in the fall. Are you with me?
What does this type of getting ready mean for you? For me it means:
- Maintaining and upleveling my Self-Care Practice for great health, wellness, fitness, and vitality
- Clearing the decks of minutiae and distracting miscellaneous noise
- Wrapping up any unfinished lingering tasks and current projects
- Putting in place and/or upleveling whatever support I need…
- Nurturing and further developing myself for Alignment, and increased inspiration, motivation, strength, stamina, bandwidth, courage, creativity… (Our Summer 2020 #BestLifeChallenge is great for this if you are interested in up-leveling your life, just saying!)
- Dreaming, brainstorming and planning for what’s next…
I use Summers as major regroup points and as inspiration time… This is when I usually set up the next big project for the year… There is less grind, more sun and fun during this season. The perfect recipe for innovating and creating…
I get that this Summer is different than our usual and that we are in really tough times… But, remember what we focus on grows, what we resist persists, and we create what we think… So, let’s use these concepts to our advantage…
Let’s not focus on what’s wrong, let’s focus on the opportunities.
Let’s focus on what you need to do and how you need to Be to create your amazing new normal, your New World… If you are tired don’t quit, just rest… It’s Summer after all!
At the beginning of the year, I wrote about change being in the air and about starting a New Era… And, boy, what a New Era we are starting… The thing here is how do we want to instrumentally be part of something new, and not be mere passive bystanders. How can we be progressive in our own lives so that collectively we catapult into the Reconstruction…?
- Establishing radical new health and wellness habits
- Enriching your self-care practice
- Decluttering your whole life
- Upleveling your Mindset
- Addressing your negativity bias and limiting beliefs
- Increasing your personal ownership
- Setting effective boundaries
- Having a voice
- Really meeting your needs
- Having the difficult conversation(s)
- Making amends
- Showering your loved ones with love
- Rocking consistent Date Nights
- Treating your partner as the most important person in your life
- Increasing your physical intimacy and your repertoire
- Automating the minutia tasks in your life
- Outsourcing tasks that are a waste of your genius
- Actually putting your genius and Gift to work
- Taking on your mission, living by your purpose
- Influencing through love and connection…
Note, we can’t be progressive with our actions if we are not progressive with our thoughts…
- Select what you want to focus on improving this summer to set yourself up for an amazing Autumn
- Flesh out your choice into bite-size tasks, recurring tasks/appointments, and measurable milestones
- Take your first action towards this plan today!
Complete the Assignment, and share your takeaway, insights, and results with a note in the Comments box at the end! I’d love to hear how you are using this content.
Copyright (c) 2020 Emma K. Viglucci. All rights reserved.
Want to Use this Article in Your Own Website or Publication?
Be our guest! Here is how, you MUST include:
Emma K. Viglucci, LMFT is the Founder and Director of Metropolitan Marriage & Family Therapy, PLLC, a private practice that specializes in working with couples, she is the creator of the MetroRelationship™ philosophy and a variety of Successful Couple™ content that assist couples succeed at their relationship and their life. Stay Connected™ with Emma and receive weekly Connection Notes in your inbox with Personal Growth and Relationship Enrichment insights and strategies, visit: www.metrorelationship.com.